CEO & Executive Coach
CEO & Executive Coach
Michael is an executive coach with over 20 years of experience helping people and organizations lead effectively and accomplish their mission. His background includes working with CEOs, and other senior leaders to bring out their best performance, serve their people, and live a more fulfilled life. He has coached over 150 leaders on five continents – collaborating with them to level up their performance and achieve their goals.
Over two decades, Michael served in leadership roles at the White House, FBI, U.S. Department of Justice, and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. He was often called upon to start up high-profile offices and initiatives. At the White House in Vice President Al Gore’s reinventing government office, he led a new gun violence reduction effort in collaboration with mayors and police chiefs.
At the FBI, he was selected as the first global chief of employee communications, coaching FBI Director Bob Mueller and his leadership team on engaging with the 40,000+ workforce and organizational changes post-9/11 terrorist attacks. As Deputy Chief Knowledge Officer, he supervised the FBI’s knowledge management, innovation, data sharing, programs as well as outreach programs to Fortune 500 companies’ security executives. At the U.S. Department of Justice, he led teams of FBI, ATF, DEA, and U.S. Marshall officers reducing violence in the country’s most violent cities in partnership with local officials.
Michael weaves together a broad base of functional experience, depth of leadership knowledge, and improv comedy training to make coaching engagements powerful & fun. He has worked with leaders across industries and is often sought after by executives looking for a coach that can help them build their communications and leadership skill sets.
Michael is always learning to enhance his leadership coaching ability and support his clients. He earned his master’s degree from Harvard University and Chief Information Officer (CIO) certification from the U.S. Department of Defense preparing him to lead large IT organizations. He studied and collaborated with leadership scholars James McGregor Burns (Pulitzer Prize winner), Georgia Sorenson (University of Cambridge, UK and co-founder of the International Leadership Association), and Ron Heifetz (Harvard University).
- Harvard University, Master’s Degree
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC), International Coach Federation
- Psychological safety team coach and trainer certification
- Marshall Goldsmith certified executive coach
- Chief Information Officer (CIO), U.S. Department of Defense
- Past Presenter on leadership, technology, coaching, and healthcare, International Leadership Association (ILA) Global Conference
- Ph.D. student in Organizational Leadership
Michael has coached over 150 leaders – across industries, sectors, and functional roles – on five continents. This includes leaders at: Google, Microsoft, Amazon, NextEra Energy, SalesForce, Reddit, Sony, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, American Heart Association, Coinbase, U.S. Army, RMS, AirHelp, Scribd, and Taboola.
- “Michael went above and beyond my expectations by incorporating concepts into his leadership coaching that addressed the intersections of being a black woman and disabled veteran, helping me to lead with skillfulness and authenticity in the Finance and Tech industries. Because he built a strong rapport with me, I trusted Michael to help me push beyond prior boundaries and expand my leadership impact.. I feel fortunate to have had Michael as a partner in my leadership journey!”
- — Trier-Lynn Bryant, VP of People
- “Having taken recently a global role I needed a coach to help me get over the first months and position myself successfully. Michael has helped me get to the bottom of a multitude of issues, starting from how to align to my values and purpose and increase effectiveness at work. I have been impressed with his ability of flexing with my situations and giving me exactly the type of support I needed, every time.”
- — Vlad Bog, Global Group HR Director
- Hero Group