Rob is an Executive Coach, Mentor, Leadership Development Architect, and Speaker. As a former hospital CEO and executive for over 25 years, Rob combines his extensive leadership experience and coaching skills to help elevate even the most successful leaders. Rob has developed and coached dozens of talented people who have since advanced to become CEOs, COOs, CNO, VPs, Senior Directors, Presidents, and Owners.
Rob is following his passion for helping equip others to be more effective leaders. His clients say he has an intuition that leads him to ask the right questions or reframe the issue in a way to help bring forth new personal insights and breakthroughs. He understands the need to generate a return on investment and believes nothing generates the level of ROI as coaching and leadership development.
When working with you one-on-one, Rob's highest objective is to help you reach your purpose, vision, and goals by using a number of tools to meet your specific needs.
Goals may include:
- Identifying purpose, passion, strengths, and areas of vulnerability
- Increasing your impact as a servant leader
- Building your influence
- Improving communication skills
- Developing and maintaining cultures
- Delegating effectively
- Recruiting and developing a high functioning team
- Setting crucial boundaries between where work begins and ends
Small setting onsite or via webinar and video technology. When working in a group setting – he deploys a number of tools and theories to assist the group with improving communication, cohesion, accountability, and teamwork.
Topics of focus include:
- Servant leadership
- Team dynamics
- Understanding and appreciating team diversity
- Building personal and organizational trust
- Effective communication
- Systems Thinking
- Personal and Team Accountability
- The power of a collective vision
- Masters Degree in Hospital Administration
- Bachelors Degree in Social Work
- Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered Coaching certified
- John Maxwell Team Coaching certified
- Healthcare Lean certified
- DISC Behavioral Analysis Trainer certified
- DISC Advanced Behavioral Analysis Consultant certified
- Global Leadership Assessment (GLA360) - certified
- Lakeland Community Hospital
- Rice Medical Center
- West Tennessee Health
- Evans Memorial Hospital
- Community Health Systems
- Tennova Healthcare
- LaFollette Medical Center
- Jefferson Memorial Hospital
- Hospital Corporation of America
- St. David's Round Rock Medical Center
- Health Management Associates
- Huntsville Hospital System
- Athens-Limestone Hospital
- Ultimate Health
- Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
- Methodist North Hospital
- Anchor Health Properties
- Regions Bank
- "Recently, one of my staff members (ED Director) said to me, "I know why you are so dedicated to us and stay until the job is done." I asked him why he felt so. He replied, "You love what you do, and it is obvious." This is a direct reflection of the coaching by Rob Followell. Discover what you love to do, and you will do it well!
- – Aundrea L. Mills
- Chief Nursing Officer, Tennova Healthcare Harton
- "Rob Followell has amazing instincts when it comes to helping people fulfill the vision that God has for their lives. Between his ability to help people understand their personal circumstances and connecting them with the resources they need, I would recommend him as a leadership coach to anyone. Rob Followell is truly a Servant Leader."
- – Dr. Brad Schapiro
- Chief Executive Officer, Ultimate Health
"As I stepped into a new role as a CEO, I realized I needed an executive coach to assist, advise, and coach me through the transition into my new role. I accepted the CEO position weeks before the COVID-19 Pandemic changed the entire landscape of how we provide healthcare. The decision to engage with Rob for mentoring and coaching has been the best career decision I have made.
Rob has assisted me in communicating more effectively with our board and that has allowed us to move forward more strategically. He has helped our team of directors, through his Leadership Series, understand how to better communicate with one another based on each of our individual personalities. Our team has grown exponentially through this process.
- Rob’s coaching and mentoring has helped me grow as a hospital administrator in a rural hospital. His experience in both health systems and rural hospitals provides a level of understanding that makes him unique for those of us leading rural hospitals and the distinct challenges we face. I highly recommend Rob as a coach and mentor. His leadership has helped me grow personally and professionally."
- – Ashley Pool, MSN, MMHC
- Chief Executive Officer, Lakeland Community Hospital